IDEA STATION REPORT FOR 03-03-2019
1. This is the report of the idea stations conducted from 2:45-3:45 p.m. during the COAC annual business meeting at Novak Education Center in Aurora, Ohio on March 3, 2019.
2. Kurt Miske and Tom Romito, Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society, introduced the hour by explaining how WCAS used the idea station technique last fall.
3. Facilitators led conservations with meeting participants in breakout sessions to accelerate idea-sharing. Some participants rotated between idea stations at 10-minute intervals and some stayed for all 30 minutes allocated to the idea-sharing.
4. The following paragraphs detail the ideas that participants generated at each idea station.
5. PLASTICS AND CHEMICAL POLLUTION (Fran Mentch, Northeast Ohio Sierra Club, facilitated).
6. YOUTH, DIVERSITY, AND ACCESSIBILITY. (Liz Woedl, Audubon Miami Valley, facilitated).
7. FUND-RAISING. Here’s what participants said they are doing or could be doing in their chapters to raise money for their operating budgets and projects (Tom Romito, Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society, facilitated).
8. COAC EDUCATION, EVENTS, AND RESOURCES (Tim Colborn, Ohio Ornithological Society, facilitated).
9. IDEA STATION REPORTS. The four facilitators reported out to the main group on the content that participants generated in their stations. Kurt and Tom presented a brief summary of the Idea Station concept and suggested possible steps forward.
News, Announcements, and Reports